For the first time in history — New Yorkers can Vote Early!
We no longer have to choose between our personal responsibilities, our work, and casting our vote. Instead, New Yorkers have 10 days to choose from; Vote Early from Saturday, October 26 to Sunday, November 3, or vote on Election Day, Tuesday, November 5.
Plug in and help spread the word - we can’t reach your community without you!
1. Host an Early Voting event. Whether you’re holding an info session for your neighbors or going the polls with your church, each of you has a role to play. And we're here to help; we'll provide training, materials and support for any size event.
2. Use our digital outreach package to share the news with your communities (edit as you see fit). It includes a newsletter blurb & image, email templates, and a social media package including text & images.
3. Write a letter to the editor. Make sure the media is covering Early Voting. Writing an LTE is a great way to let your community know about Early Voting, and to counter any misinformation or fear-mongering articles.
4. Pledge to Vote Early. Make an early voting plan including where, what day, what time and who you will Vote Early with. Share your pledge with your communities by adding this “I pledge to vote early” frame to your Facebook photo. BONUS: ask your influencer friends to do the same so we can reach more people!
6. Attend an Early Voting event. All October people around the state are planning Early Voting education events to inform their communities, and Get Out The (Early) Vote events to vote with their communities.
Our representatives have made it clear that they’ll only spend their political capital on the things that their constituents bang their doors down about. Even 10 people reaching out can make a huge difference.
Check out Our Issues to find out more info to provide your reps, or simply use the current action below. Then make a date to visit your reps, and keep the calls and letters coming!
We've achieved so much in New York State this year — we're celebrating a dozen landmark voting rights reforms for New Yorkers! Now that the session is over, let's thank our representatives for the work they did in what was the most productive and progressive session in decades. They hear from us when we're upset or want something. Make sure they hear from us when they do the right thing, too!
“Thank you for being a voting rights champion. With your support this session, we strengthened our democracy and made great progress toward more inclusive elections. Your efforts will have a lasting effect for New Yorkers. We can’t wait to continue our work with you next session!”
Talk to YOUR REP
Albany Senate Switchboard
Albany Assembly Switchboard
CONTACT YOUR REP
STEP 2: MEET WITH YOUR REP
Goal: to find out…
• Who supports each measure.
• Who is opposed.
• Who needs more information from one of our expert partners.
If they support, please…
• Ask if they'll co-sponsor a bill.
• Ask if they'll be a champion by writing an op-ed, speaking on the floor, hosting a Town Hall, getting other legislators on board, etc.
STEP 3: REPORT BACK
We need intel, and we need to know where we have support or need pressure, which reps are willing to co-sponsor our bills, and where reps need more info from an expert. Report back about how your meeting went and where your rep stands so we can have an overview of where our campaign is going.
CONNECT ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Tell your reps:
This session was historic in passing meaningful voting reform in NY! Looking forward to your continued support #AVR, #RestoreTheVote #PartyEnrollment & other #LetNYvote reforms. [@ your rep] @NYGovCuomo @AndreaSCousins @CarlHeastie please prioritize these reforms next session!
Tell your friends:
Want to help make elections work for all New Yorkers? Join @LetNYvote to demand #AVR, #RestoreTheVote #PartyEnrollment & other #LetNYvote reforms to protect & expand the freedom to vote for every eligible New Yorker. www.LetNYvote.org